Secondary Language Builders
£ 22.00 plus postage | view postage rates
This invaluable recently updated book provides detailed advice and activities to promote communication skills of secondary school aged children
This invaluable book provides detailed advice and activities to promote communication skills of secondary school aged children and has just been updated to this 2015 edition.
Secondary Language Builders provides detailed advice and activities to encourage the communication skills of 11-16 year olds. It has been written to be accessible to teachers, teaching assistants and parents and, with help, the students themselves.
Many aspects of communication are covered including:
- Understanding memory and learning
- Using visual strategies and considering independent learning
- Helping students to understand spoken language
- Using strategies to improve vocabulary learning
- Using strategies to improve sentence structure and grammar
- Finding ideas to structure written work
- Supporting preparation for tests and exams
- Coping with social communication and social situations
- Understanding what is involved in speaking clearly and helping students with their speech.
The book is illustrated.
Secondary Language Builders forms the core reading material for the accredited course €Speech and Language Support for 11-16s€.
As with all Elklan materials having purchased the book you are free to photocopy any relevant pages so equipping others who work within your school or health provision.
Order securely online today - we accept Mastercard, Visa and Visa Debit cards or invoice for organisations.
Customer ReviewsWrite a Review
There may be a short delay before your review is published on our site.