Supporting Verbal Pupils with ASD e-learning course, 8th October 2020
Our highly successful accredited training course, Supporting Verbal Pupils with ASD, is available through blended web based learning. Uniquely, this has an interactive component of which we are very proud.
The course programme involves:
- Online modules which are completed through self-study at a time that suits you but should be completed before the live webinar
- Live webinars which are an hour long and are pre-arranged at specific times
Whilst is advisable that applicants have completed a Core Elklan course first, this is not a requirement.
Find out more about levels, credits and how qualifications compare in UK and Ireland here.
Course Dates: This course will run on Thursday evenings
|8th October 2020||6:30 pm - 7:30 pm|
|15th October 2020||6:30 pm - 7:30 pm|
|22nd October 2020||6:30 pm - 7:30 pm|
|5th November 2020||6:30 pm - 7:30 pm|
|12th November 2020||6:30 pm - 7:30 pm|
|19th November 2020||6:30 pm - 7:30 pm||
Times shown are as in London (GMT/BST)
Price: £250.00*, to include Language Builders and the accreditation fee.
If you have already purchased the e-learning sessions, the discounted price of £200.00* will be applied when you log in, right.
We will refund this sum if your computer system and set up do not meet the requirements and this prevents you from taking our e-learning course.
Please note: All applications are subject to availability; your application will not be final until your place is confirmed by Elklan Training.
IMPORTANT - Terms and Conditions for Learners and Cancellation Policy:
- Anytime access to the e-learning sessions for ten weeks
- External Accreditation with a 6 credit Award on successful completion
- Five live tutorial webinars with an Elklan Tutor
- Learning Log to complete
- Discuss and share with other learners
Log in or create an account to apply
Don't have an account?
Check if you are eligible to apply for an Elklan E-Learning course and create your account:
Thank you for your interest in Elklan e-learning. To be eligilble to apply for our Speech and Language Support for 0-3s and Speech and Language Support for 5-11s online courses you must be able to answer yes to the following questions and successfully complete an Online Systems Check.
Find out whether you are eligible to apply today for our courses by answering the following questions:
- I am currently working or can work with children in an education setting (5-11s) or education or health setting (0-3s). I am aware that the focus of these courses is either on 0-3s or primary aged children depending on which course I study. I know that I can apply if I am not currently working with these age groups but I am aware that this is at my own risk and some areas of interest for me may not be covered.
- I work with children with SLCN (Speech, Language and Communication Needs) or I am aware that these courses whilst aiming to support all children especially focus on those with SLCN. I understand that to gain the most from the course it would be better to be supporting children with some speech and language needs.
- I can join a one-hour online tutorial every week for 10 weeks at the same time each week (there may be a choice of exact times).
- I can engage in independent study for up to 4 hours a week. I am aware that this will involve observing children with and without SLCN, reflecting on the information they have learnt, choosing appropriate strategies/approaches, applying these, observing the effects, and that I need to spend no more than one hour a week writing up portfolio assignments.
- Are you able to engage in independent study for 4 hours a week? (This will involve observing children with and without SLC, reflecting on the information they have learnt, choosing appropriate strategies/approaches, applying these, observing the effects, and no more than one hour a week writing up portfolio assignments)
About your system
- I have a minimum display resolution of 1024 x 786.
Windows users: go to Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution; Mac OS X users: go to System Preferences > Display to find out.
- I have a webcam and microphone or I will purchase these before starting the e-learning course.
- I currently use or will install one of the following web browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera.
Elklan elearning is NOT currently supported by Internet Explorer
Sorry! You have not answered 'yes' to one or more of the previous questions, so we do not currently have an e-learning course which meets your needs. More e-learning courses will become available, so please contact us to register your interest in Elklan elearning
You have answered yes to all ten questions and appear to be eligible to apply for an Elklan e-learning course.
Please create an account to continue.