Language Builders for Pupils with SLD
Detailed advice and activities to support children and young people (5-25yrs) with Severe Learning and communication Difficulties
Language Builders for Pupils with SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties) book provides detailed advice and activities to promote the communication skills of children and young people (5-25yrs) who are able to verbally understand and express their basic needs and ideas but who are really struggling to learn and cope in education settings. It has been written to be accessible to parents, learning support assistants and teachers and many speech and language therapists use it in their daily work. It is the core reading material for the accredited course Speech and Language Support for Pupils with SLD.
It addresses many areas including:
- What is communication?
- Using positive adult-pupil interaction to promote communication
- Supporting effective vattention and listening
- Helping pupils who have learning difficulties to understand spoken language and develop verbal reasoning skills
- Using Total Communication as a core approach to communication
- Promoting vocabulary development
- Develop expressive language and narrative skills
- Learning how to identify and support pupils’ social communication skills
As with all Elklan materials having purchased the book you are free to photocopy relevant pages so equipping others who work within your school or health provision.
Order securely online today
We accept Mastercard, Visa and Visa Debit cards or invoice for organisations.
Customer ReviewsWrite a Review
There may be a short delay before your review is published on our site.