Language Builders for Vulnerable Young People
Clear, practical advice and activities to promote the communication skills of young people for whom behaviour is the major concern
Language Builders for Vulnerable Young People has been written to be accessible to speech and language therapists, social workers, teachers, support staff, parents and those working in the youth justice sector.
Forwarded by Juliet Gregory, Specialist SaLT in the field.
Areas covered include:
- Why is knowledge about speech, language and communication important when working with vulnerable young people?
- Communication basics – non-verbal communication listening and attention
- Understanding spoken language
- Developing verbal reasoning
- Exploring the use of non-literal and ambiguous language
- Facilitating vocabulary learning
- Encouraging expressive language and communication
- Promoting social skills and emotional literacy
As with all Elklan materials having purchased the book you are free to photocopy any relevant pages so equipping others who work within your school or health provision.
Order securely online today
We accept Mastercard, Visa and Visa Debit cards or invoice for organisations.
Customer ReviewsWrite a Review
There may be a short delay before your review is published on our site.